Couscous with prawns, sauteed veg and caramelised broccoli
By beaufief, May 19 2014 08:42PM
This delicious couscous dish is really healthy and provides a good helping of your 5 a day. I love the caramelised sweet bits on the broccoli.
Ingredients - serves 2
200g cooked large prawns
Half yellow pepper
Half red pepper
Quarter onion, finely chopped
3 tbsp fennel seeds
10 florets of broccoli
Half tsp ginger
Half tsp cumin seeds
Half teaspoon smoked paprika
Handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
10 x baby plum tomatoes, halved
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
Chili flakes to serve
For the couscous and sauteed veg
1. Heat some oil in a pan. Chop the peppers and courgette and place in pan. Add some salt and pepper and sauté for 10 minutes on a medium heat.
2. Meanwhile start preparing the couscous as per the packet instructions.
3. Add the onion, fennel seeds, ginger, cumin seeds and paprika to the pan of peppers and courgette. Continue to sautée for a further 5 minutes.
4. Add most of the parsley (leave some to one side to serve when cooked), the plum tomatoes, garlic and prawns.
5.Ad d a small sprinkling of sugar.
6. Cook for a few more minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Add the prepared couscous to the prawns and vegetables, and serve with more chopped parsley and a sprinkle of chili flakes.
For the broccoli
1. Boil the broccoli for around three minutes. Drain well.
2. Add to a dry saucepan, and dry fry for a couple of minutes. This is to remove any moisture from the broccoli, and will help it to caramelise in the next step.
3. Add a little oil to the pan, salt and pepper, and a sprinkle of sugar which will help the broccoli caramelise. Sautee on a high heat for three to four minutes or until the broccoli starts getting those delicious caramelised bits on them.
4. Add to the couscous.