Fusili Pasta in a creamy mushroom sauce
By beaufief, Aug 13 2014 11:40AM
This pasta dish makes for a quick but impressive supper. Deliciously moreish comfort food.
Ingredients - serves 2
4 shallots, chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
Half a stock cube
2 tbsp. cream
Small handful of cheddar cheese
rocket leaves to decorate (optional)
salt & pepper
knob of butter
handful of parsley
large glug of sherry
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
2. Heat the butter and some olive oil in a pan, add the mushrooms, salt and pepper and half the parsley .. Allow to cook for a minute on a medium heat.
3. Add the shallots to the pan.
4. When the onions are almost translucent, add the garlic and allow to cook for a minute.
5. Add enough sherry to cover the ingredients in the pan. Turn up the heat and allow to bubble until the sherry has absorbed.
6. Turn to a low heat. Add the stock cube to the pan along with a splash of hot water to stop it going dry. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
7. Stir in the cream, cheddar cheese and add a spoonful of the water used to cook the pasta, and gently heat.
8. Serve with freshly cooked pasta. Stir through the rocket to decorate.