Roast Jersey Royals with Rosemary & Garlic
By beaufief, Jun 18 2014 11:52AM
These gorgous little jersey royals would be great served at a bbq as an alternative to jacket potatoes. Or just as yum with a roast dinner. The salt & oil makes the skins lovely and crispy.
Ingredients – serves 2
Jersey Royal potatoes with skins left on (enough to 2)
4 cloves garlic
Handful of fresh chopped rosemary
Salt & Pepper
1. Place potatoes(leave skins on) in a pan of hot water and boil for ten minutes. Drain well.
2. Place in roasting dish, pour over some olive oil and toss until the potatoes are covered in the oil.
3. Squash the cloves of garlic using the smooth side of a knife & leaning on it. You can leave the skins on, as these are only to flavour the potatoes, not to be eaten. Add them to the roasting tin.
4. Add the butter, and sprinkle over the chopped rosemary and plenty of salt and pepper.
5. Place in the oven at 180’C for 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally.